Potato salad gets a bad wrap.
Probably because the potato salad we all know comes pre-made from the deli at the grocery store.
You know the one that's Easter Egg yellow, mayo to potato ratio is 49849 to 1, and maybe just MAYBE there's some fresh celery thrown in for 'texture.'
Not this one my friends.
Bring this baby to your next BBQ and your guests will be begging for the recipe.
Okay, maybe it's tough to get THAT excited about potato salad but this one is GOOD!
Apologies for the Instagram photos, we just moved and are still unpacking. We don't even have an oven yet. :)
Grilled Jalapeno Warm Potato Salad (serves 2-3 as a side):
- 2 Idaho potatoes (skins on) sliced 1/2"in thick
- 1-2 jalapeños (whole) **I used 1 1/2 and it was the perfect amount of heat
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 TBS mayonnaise
- 3 TBS plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat Grill to 325 degrees
- Place jalapeños on the grill and cook until charred on all sides (about 10 minutes)
- Place charred jalapeños in a bowl and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap
- Allow the peppers to 'sweat' for 10minutes in order to peel off the skin.
- Peel the skins off of the jalapeños; remove the veins, stem, and seeds.
- Dice the jalapeño and set aside until you make the dressing.
- In a large bowl- toss sliced potatoes in olive oil until lightly coated.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper
- Place potatoes on the grill until golden brown on each side (10 minutes per side) ** TIP if you find that your potatoes are browning too quickly, continue to cook on other side then move them to the top rack of the grill to continue cooking throughout.
- While potatoes are cooking- make the dressing: Add garlic, cilantro, mayo, Greek Yogurt, diced grilled jalapeño, and lime to a large serving bowl.
- Stir/whisk ingredients until well incorporated
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Once potatoes are cooked- slice into halves or fourths and add to dressing
- Mix potato salad until well coated with the dressing and serve immediately with your favorite protein.